For advert rate enquiries, suggestions and tips, email: miccolosblog@gmail.com or Call +234 909 925 1836

Someone Needs Advice Here


THE ONLY 'BROTHER'


Good day Madam Stella and fellow Bvs. please I have an issue at hand that needs urgent solution.

My mum is from a family of three girls and following the Igbo tradition after the death of their parents her relatives took charge of all their properties. They went to court and to get these properties back they needed a boy that bares their fathers name to claim the properties.
My mum had a friend who is a pastor and in the cause of their discussion she mentioned to him that she wanted to adopt a boy so they can claim the properties, he then told her of a girl who his wife knows that is pregnant and wants to abort the baby and he has been trying to convince her that it is a sin.

Nine months later he called my mummy that the lady has given birth and does not want the baby encouraging her to adopt the child which my mum agreed to.my mum went to meet the lady for the first time collected the baby and the lady and the pastor friend signed saying she does not want the child. 

My mum even gave her money to start something off 
(she was not paid off it was a way to support her as she was in her late twenties).

My mum’s younger sister who is late now took the child and registered him under social welfare and he came to live with us as early as one month this was in 2002.my mum gave birth to four daughters which I am the third. I and my elder ones were still little as at then so we knew she did not give birth to him. We taught he was adopted but we never asked how or from who and we have always loved him as a brother.

Five years later the mum and her sisters won the case and the properties was given to them in my brother’s name.

My brother would be sixteen this year but does not know anything about being adopted. Now last year November my mum was in the house and a woman came greeted her, she asked who she was looking for and she said her name that she has come to collect her son. 

My mum replied her that she does not know her or what she is talking of. She then called her sister because my brother was on holiday in her house. On calling her she discovered that the lady had already traced my aunties house saw my brother outside called him that she was an evangelist talked to him but did not say anything about being his mother.

My mum became scared she then looked for a lawyer explained to him which he told her to make a police report about someone tracking her son which she did. After that day we did not hear from the lady again. My mum tried contacting the pastor friend he refused picking his call even with another number he would cut it off. It was when we came home for the holidays that she explained how he was adopted to us and the recent development.

Everyone went back to their base remaining just me at home because I am waiting for service. As of yesterday morning the lady called my mum that what of her son my mum replied that she has no idea what she is talking of the lady began to make treat that my mum would regret her replay. My mum called the pastor he latter picked and said the lady went to a church and was told that there was a child she abandoned a long time ago and his spirit is not happy with her that is the reason she has not given birth again in her marriage making her husband to chase her away. That they would come to talk of the matter and collect the child.

Now the issue at hand is my brother is in a boarding school as the normal trend for secondary school in my house. Should my mum go to his school now and tell a boy of almost 16 that she is not his mum? If she succeeds in taking him what happens to the properties in his name? Should we take it to court before they come? Most importantly what happens to all of us my brother is the most precious and important thing to us how would we cope without him.

Please we need advice on how to go about this because we are all scared of losing him.

Story culled from SDK 

No comments:

Post a Comment