For advert rate enquiries, suggestions and tips, email: miccolosblog@gmail.com or Call +234 909 925 1836

I Don’t Know Gideon Okeke – Chiwetalu Agu


Tinsel actor , Gideon Okeke , drew some flak during the week when he took to his social media page to say that veteran actor , Chiwetalu Agu should be sanctioned for his use of vulgar words in movies . He wrote , “ You know him as the wicked uncle in films, but I need to check the sanity of my ears and mind whenever he comes on screen … the measure of liberty this actor enjoys from directors and producers to improvise vulgarities in movies is not funny anymore … hiding behind the pretext that not all your audience understands Igbo language is no excuse to throw all decorum out of the window … this is a case for the Film and Video Censors Board …” 
However , after several attacks from his fans , Gideon deleted the post .

Sunday Scoop reached out to Agu for his reaction to the allegations levelled against him , and he said , “ Let him leave the censors board to do their job , or does he work with them? Anybody can say anything or come to whatever conclusion they please . The viewers would judge whether I use vulgar words in movies or not . People who watch movies are the ultimate judges. I do not even know who Gideon Okeke is; I do not think I have ever heard his name . 


If people like AMAA are talking to me about this , I would know how to react appropriately . But this is an individual I do not even know . He has his own style , and I have mine which has won me awards all over the continent and even beyond . ”

Speaking further , he said , “ This is the first time anyone will be accusing me of vulgarity . Others have been hailing me . What we do is satire; we are re-enacting what happens in the society. People I have encountered and those who have called me have been full of praise for me. It will also interest you to know that I am the highest award-winning actor in Africa . I have 47 awards to my name ; and the second person behind me has not even got up to 10 awards . 


Two years ago , I took two cows to church to celebrate and thank God for giving me the highest number of awards in Africa. Secondly, I have done 727 productions . It is a rare record in Africa . I am also the current holder of the Best Veteran Actor award which was given to me in Ohio, United States of America . People like Olu Jacobs and other time - tested Nollywood practitioners were nominated for that same award but I was chosen . My record is the best in all ramifications . I have spent about 35 years in the movie industry , and I am a big pillar of Nollywood. ”

He further said he is appreciated by leaders all over the world. “ Even former President Goodluck Jonathan confessed about three years ago that whenever he travels out of the country , foreign leaders ask after people like me , Jim Iyke , and Genevieve Nnaji . Because of that , he put N3 bn into Nollywood ’ s account , and asked the former Finance Minister , Ngozi Okonjo - Iweala to manage the funds for Nollywood. This fund is still open to Nollywood practitioners . It goes without saying that I am very big in Nollywood . I am a father , legend , and icon , ” he said .

No comments:

Post a Comment